SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loisthegardener_nc7b

Have: Japanese Anemome 'Margarete' and 'Whirlwind'

Hi, I have seeds from japanese anenome "Margarete" and "Whirlwind". Both of these are semi-double to double-flowered and bloom a long time in the fall for me.

If you are interested, please check out my trade list. If you don't have anything I have listed but still want to trade, let me know.. You might have something I didn't know I wanted. :o)

Thanks,

Lois in PA

Comments (11)

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Lois how long do they take to reach blooming size from seed?

• bigred
    14 years ago

I'd be interested in these,most specially Whirlwind. I don't know if I have anything you'd be interested in but please check my trade page.

peggy

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Hello! I would love to have both! If interested I have primula japonica, primula denticulata, and primula candlelabra hybrids (comm.) to choose from. Thanks, Melinda

• ddkcat
    14 years ago

Would love to trade for your anemones - can I send you my list? Doreen.

• jeanne
    14 years ago

Hi Lois, I'd love to try the white Anemone and your Delphinium. Can you find anything on my trade page that you'd like to try?

Jeanne

Here is a link that might be useful: my trade page

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi everyone, I would just like to add a little more information. I have never tried growing japanese anenome from seed. I just decided to let these plants go to seed this year because I discovered last year that people on gardenweb are interested in growing almost any garden plant from seed. So, I unfortunately cannot give you any first hand information about how to get them to germinate or how long it takes them to bloom after sowing, or if the seedlings will look anything like the parent plant. I can tell you that the seeds are very tiny little "T" shaped things, and they are surrounded by cottony material that I cannot figure out how to separate from the seeds. I have 3 trades of each color, but I still might be able to get more if the wind hasn't blown them away.

Lois in PA

• darlene87
    14 years ago

I have the white single form of these. They seem to be little buggers to start from seed yourself. But let the wind carry the seeds, and they take in odd places, under my roses, under the raspberry plants, and other places. So I assume the seeds do not need a soil cover to start. They are quite hardy and take freezing. I think they bloom the next year after the seeds form a plant. They do not like to be moved either. Hope that this helps a little.
    Darlene

• jaybirdy
    14 years ago

Darlene.have any of your seedlings bloomed? And if so how much did they resemble the parent plant? I know Margarete and Whirlwind are hybrids and don't come true from seed;but I'm thinking that whatever does come will still be pretty,or maybe even better.

• darlene87
    14 years ago

They do bloom. I think the first yr. they make the leaves and roots. The next yr. they bloom. They look just like the parent plant. I have some of the seed balls if anyone wants to contact me. Usually, I let them fall, and the wind carries them about, and I find them growing in places I would never plant them. I think the name of the plant is Honorine. I think they propagate like dandelions...though they are not invasive.
    Darlene

• debi
    14 years ago

Lois,
    I see that you have many people interested in your seeds. If by CHANCE...LOL I am interested as well.

• margyrose
    14 years ago

Lois,
    I would be interested in both the Anemone varieties. I have:
    Yellow asters, hot pink asters, pink hibiscus, red hibiscus, and white hibiscus, oatgrass, pink turtlehead, cleome, japanese varigated grass, orange cosmos, ironweed, joe pye, sunflower, gallardis, calendula, hot biscuits amaranthe, red amaranthe, fat spike amaranthe, blue mist flower, armenian basketflower, yellow clasping coneflower...to name a few.
    Please email me to see if we can work a trade.
    Margyrose

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH