SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessicasallyl

Jujube and Persimmon Variety selection help!

jessicasallyl
14 years ago

Hi,

I recently moved into a house with some space in my backyard and I am looking into purchasing and planting some fruit trees. My original thoughts were apples/peaches/plums... the trees easily found at local shops. However, with some researching on gardenweb, I quickly realized that for a person that's never had fruit trees to care for, those are not easy trees to grow and maintain.

I have now made a new list of relatively easier fruit trees in my zone: asian persimmon, jujubes, hardy kiwis, asian pears, raspberries and blueberries.

I am thinking about going with persimmon, jujubes, possibly asian pear and fall raspberries (to avoid birds from stealing). I wanted help with variety selections.

I want two persimmons, one astringent and one non-astringent. something that will be a good producer with manageable tree size.

I also want two jujubes, I have already decided that one will be honey jar, but I also want another variety that is a good producer and good for dual purpose; fresh eating and drying. any suggestions?

any suggestions on asian pears and fall raspberries as well as a good place to purchase these trees will also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Comments (4)