SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ficus_spider_man

Have you ever seen a varigated Jade tree?

ficus-spider-man
17 years ago

I have to admit it my history with jades has been fatallistic. Though I have a south window which gets some sun its not very bright because a large oramental elm , the biggest of its kind I've seen, in winter it gets bright semi direct light but the rest of the year is shady. I was wondering would a Varagated Jade tree fare well away from the window on my dresser by my bedroom door, under a clip on Agrosun Dayspot grow blub, 150 watt?

Another problem I have with them is my tendancy to overwater or underwater them. I've tried keeping them as a kid and they would slowly slowly pine away and get wrinkly leaves if I didnt water and then rot at the base if I did. My dad liked them but admitted to me that they were difficult. After many tries, (even grew one outside then brought it in with mealybugys) but their exotic look has captavated me yet again. What kind of moisture meter would you guys recamend, and where can I buy it? I live in the north of Minnesoda and in Saint Paul. Is it nessecary? Another thing I have some tropical plants on my other dresser by that south window- away from the chosen spot - ( ficus, peace lily, easter catues, spider plant) I mentioned eariler. I plan on making my bedroom humid will this hurt my jade or decrease the watering?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths