SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chicagodeli37

Mid Summer Uodate 7/15 Pictures/Questions

ChicagoDeli37
11 years ago

Garden is doing well..as much as I could tell. But im new to this so not quite sure if this is where I should be at this time of the year. Any helpful advice by looking at pictures would be greatly appreciated. Im currently working on figuring out why my peppers aren't flourishing but everything else seems to be doing great/good. My tomatoes have just exploded out of control....and my one stake system just isn't doing the job. They are too close together and just to hard to keep staked. Could I put up cage fencing this late in the year or just deal with it this year and keep staking.???� I've had heavy rain the last few days and because they weren't staked that great..some branches fell and Cracked..not sure how bad this is for plant but I just clipped em of and tied the other ones best I could...any advice on the best way to caged these forest of tomatoes would be helpful. The first picture are the 6 different type im having trouble staking..the two small guys in between these 4 bigger ones I don't think are gunna do to good...one is a super late starter because of catapiller problem so just never caught up And the other is a husky cherry red...which I didn't know stay small... all 6 have tomatoes started on them though... Last

{{gwi:91078}}

{{gwi:91079}}

{{gwi:91080}}

Herbs are growing bushy..ESP Basil. They seem to be doing well..if im wrong please tell me so I could try better...

{{gwi:91082}}

Onions still small..but seem to be blooming...im not to concerned about them..next year I only plan to grow green onion..reason being those are the only ones I eat. Unless these ones this year turn out to be amazing...

{{gwi:91084}}

My cucs are also just exploding...I've learned I planted to many in this box because they have just grown out of control and growing outside the cage. All have tons of baby cucs on them...but I am still finding cucumber beetles..should I be concerned...? And how high/ long will these grow cuz im running oout of space to let them grow...?

{{gwi:91086}}

{{gwi:91088}}

my sweet and hot peppers r just unhappy but all have peppers...the hot peppers that have been on for weeks I cut off to hopefully help the plant grow...good idea or bad?

{{gwi:91090}}

Fence line has 3 jalapeno which are doing fairly well..do they seem small for being planted over 2 months?? This husky cherry red and super sweet 100 seem happy..and so does this cucumber...all 3 planted way to close though...

{{gwi:91091}}

{{gwi:91092}}

These carrots are looking good to me...but r they small for this time of year...when will carrot start forming?� The second picture are ones who r way behind..will they make it before frost?�

{{gwi:91093}}

{{gwi:91094}}

This squash is just becoming more of a headache each day...its just in the way..but squash are forming And it looks super cool..but im thinking of cutting one out which someone one here mentioned before...anyone disagree? Should I just deal with them the rest of season???

{{gwi:91095}}

Cantaloupes are growing up trellis and seem healthy...will these best the frost...I haven't noticed any fruit yet, but I also have no idea what they look like.??? But I have noticed tons of bees both black bumble and honey bee.

{{gwi:91096}}

Eggplants are finally getting taller...the Japanese have 2 nice size ones on the today I cut like a skinny 7 inch one and sliced it...breaded and deep fried..pretty good...the mini have no fruit yet...

{{gwi:91097}}

{{gwi:91098}}

This kumato from seed is growing through the middle of the too better bush and will probably get taller within the next week..even though he was planted super late..also has a few tomatoes already. Then there's a separate box of them not growing as well as I'd like...less sun than everything else though.

{{gwi:91099}}

{{gwi:91101}}

My buckets aren't doing too bad either...besides this tomato that just looks miserable..peppers in buckets look great ...so does the cherry tomato..green onion finally making a burst too..

{{gwi:91103}}

Going to br close to 100 the next few days...wish this heat would end already..using the last bag of Mr earth tomorrow then trying to find some garden tone..and something to help out my peppers. ..any criticism would be great. Thanks for reading..

Comments (12)