SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcp13_gw

trade

12 years ago

have white,pink crepe myrtle seeds, have small crepe myrtle plant in light pink,have purple beautyberry seeds,cashmer bouquet seeds, light pink sedums,plantain tuber,dwarf bananna plant tuber,red canna tuber,giant elephant ear baby,white ginger root,cashmere bouquet roots.satsuma orange seeds.

WANTS: lemon plant,plum plant,muscadine plant,veg &herb seeds,perineals, christmas cactus, sedums

Comments (29)

• 12 years ago

Hi JCP, what kind of dwarf banana , edible fruit?

Bea

• 12 years ago

is your giant elephant ear baby a plant? if so could you email me and look at my trade list and maybe we can work something out...like a three for one or something. thanks

• 12 years ago

I would LOVE to trade for your purple beautyberry seeds,cashmer bouquet seeds. I have a christmas Cactus start I could send you.
    Thank you
    Sharon

• 12 years ago

When I Google 'Cashmer Bouquet', I get two different things. One is Clerodendrum bungeii, which I have. The other is Clerodenrum philippinum, which I'd LIKE to have. Can you tell us which one YOU have?

Also, it would be a good idea to fill out your trade list page.

• 12 years ago

despite what has been said and is no longer here on this post, i believe in second chances, i believe in things happening in peoples life that they may not want to air on the net. so lets all please take things into consideration. if this poster would allow me to i would love to trade with them...just text me. as far as i am concerned it is seeds. I am willing to give anyone a second chance, i may need one someday. like if i get thrown in jail by the seed police for planting green envy coneflowers and i'm telling u if it happens, you all better be there to visit me :)

• 12 years ago

besides i need a new houseplant and a baby elephant ear would rock....i only have seventy some houseplants, its not a addiction or nothing ya know :)

• 12 years ago

ymaddox,

I know you mentioned giving someone a second chance. Just in general, what do you think about giving someone say a hundred extra chances for the same thing and over a period of years?

• 12 years ago

i would say are you sure that this is the same person...then i would say if you dont want to trade with them dont, but i would like to and if i lose 1.20 in postage it was my 1.20, i will get over it and there are more important things in life than that 1.20. Not encouraging people not to be honest, just saying maybe this is not even the same person and there were logon names mentioned that i have traded with that person and they were very generous with me. so each to their own but i would like a elephant ear, do you have one u can send me?

• 12 years ago

and it is a funny thing about chances...one of the things i work really hard on. i stop and think how many chances jesus has given me and then a 1.20 lost dont really seem that much. but then again i do struggle if it were something more personal. guess i am just human ;)

• 12 years ago

Ymaddox, I've got a similar view, hope to see post from JPC soon...wonder why hasn't she posted anything?
    I've been asked if a list of names is the same person and in my hurry said yes without seeing every name clearly...would give second chances in general except can't afford to on plants.

Have a good weekend , stay warm.

• 12 years ago

Of course best is when making a first trade- wait for them to send their seeds and especially plants.
    Having addictive fun and would speak up if accused wrongly, wouldn't leave this place easily....or ever, lol
    Besides, wouldn't it make it seem as if the truth was spoken?
    Anyone has edible banana pups? :)

• 12 years ago

Bea you hit the nail on the head. No edible bananas here, sorry.

• 12 years ago

Thanks Karyn. Ymaddox has a valid point -never know what's going on in person's life..as I've been first one to post something like that only because they were being suspects since they werent showing up, so should heed my own words..and wait til things are proven...wasnt thinking much about it as I was outside enjoying this nice weather, hope you all are having it good.

• 12 years ago

Has anyone heard from jcp13? I really wanted to trade but haven't heard a tjhing, has anyone else had any luck?
    (((HUGS)))
    Sharon

• 12 years ago

A couple of friends have. If you want to "trade", just send your seeds/plants to the Turner, OR address. That's the one jcp13 is still using. I guess one should always turn the other cheek even if it does encourage dishonesty and lead to other people getting taken advantage of. It's like those stores that try to prosecute shoplifters...can you imagine their nerve! I mean it's only a few dollars, and they are making plenty of money anyway. On top of that, just because it's the same person as got caught many times before, that doesn't mean the person doesn't deserve every benefit of the doubt. After all, things may be happening in their life that makes it perfectly all right.

• 12 years ago

Bea I meant you hit the nail on the head because I find it very interesting that this person has never come back to try and clear their name. Hmmm............ Like I said too many coincidences for me to feel comfortable about this "new" member and I don't think I'm the only one that feels this way.

• 12 years ago

brandon that is your experience not mine. i have and always will decide for myself according to how i am treated. and if i find it to be true, i just wont trade again...i may even write my review of the person on the rate and review. but i am not going to continuously follow wherever they post around and write negative thread comments on their threads. my time is a bit to valuable for that. i understand your point and it is valid, although you are a bit smart elic in your delivery...but none the less i get it. and in regards to why someone has not posted anything, she is being bashed on her own thread. so i really hope it is correct what is being said, because what is happening is a attempt to basically run her off in my opinion.

• 12 years ago

ymaddox,

In my opinion this situation is much like if someone was going around your neighborhood and asking for odd jobs in an attempt to break into houses. If that person had broken into numerous houses over a period of years and someone was trying to warn the rest of the neighborhood to be careful, would you be the one to say "people should just give this person another chance because they might just be going through a difficult time in life." If you want to give that person keys to your house, that's your business. But, when you try to downplay the dangers to others, in my opinion, that makes you partially at fault when your neighbors get victimized.

BTW, I won't attack you personally for your delivery method. I have posted in an attempt to warn others of a danger, not to attack someone who hasn't done something to me. I hope that others don't get taken advantage of as I have previously.

• 12 years ago

brandon we are going to have to just agree to disagree...dont have a thing against you, just think the examples you put forth are a bit to the extreme. so lets just agree to disagree k?

• 12 years ago

Brandon, ymaddox would only be losing $1.20. Let him/her send
    their seeds to Oregon. I will give him/her the address if they want.
    I feel bad for the members that send plants to her. Shipping is not
    cheap. PM me ymaddox and I will send your her address.

• 12 years ago

Roper,

If I wasn't clear above, let me say it this way. I couldn't possibly care any less if someone wants to send things to whatever-her-name-is-today, as long as they know what they are doing. Their seeds (or even plants) are their seeds or plants, and they can do anything with them that they want. Besides that, I'm sure the post office could use the extra business these days! All that concerns me is people, not knowing that they are being swindled, and being taken advantage of.

What's really amazing about all this is that many of us would gladly send seeds (or even plants, in many cases) for free (with only a small charge for postage) if only the Oregon lady would have askd. When I fell into her trap a few years ago, I sent her things that were worth many times what I was supposed to get in trade. That was fine with me because I thought I was finding a good home for some extra stuff and I was happy with the small, ordinary stuff I was supposed to get. What I didn't like is spending all the time to pack the stuff up, take it to the PO, and then get fleeced.

I actually spend a lot of time trying to give plants and seeds away for free to good homes. I coordinate a plant swap locally, largely so that I can give an overpacked pickup truck load of plants away for free, twice a year. But, just as I am willing to spend time to give things away, I am also willing to spend at least a little effort making sure that things aren't stolen from me or from others. If we work together, here in this forum, we can reduce dishonesty from its present level (probably very low) to even lower levels. If we don't work together, a few bad apples can spoil the whole bunch and make things less enjoyable for everyone. I've seen quite a few members stop trading on GW when they got scammed, and that's just a shame IMO.

• 12 years ago

well put, Brandon
    Duane

• 12 years ago

Brandon, I was being sarcastic in my above post.

• 12 years ago

Roper I thought you were being sarcastic as well. I would much rather be warned to be careful when making a trade, especially if multiple members had suspicions, then not. Mine and Brandon's original posts to this thread were pulled. I never said that it WAS our Oregon friend (yes sarcastic!), just that it might be, and to be careful if making a trade. If it was an honest mistake I would have thought the O P would have understood our concerns and spoken up. YKWIM?

• 12 years ago

You would think that jcp13 would defend themselves if that person was on the up and up. Since they aren't defending themselves you've got to be really suspicious.
    Duane

• 12 years ago

I'm just waiting for the next "new member" name. lol

• 12 years ago

jcp13 is there a reason there is not response to these accusations? u being the bigger person u feel by ignoring...or what is going on here? trying to give benefit of the doubt here and i know i have traded with you under a different name if it is true you are the same person. my trade was fine...but am curious as to why all the names if what they are saying is true? i personally am over the drama and come here to have fun and would love this issue resolved cause it is getting old quick!!! i understand if you out a dollar or so for seed trades but i can understand shipping plants can get expensive...so why dont we resolve this are you the same person or are you a new member...what is going on here?

• 12 years ago

ymaddox ,I have Xanthosoma sagittifolium (malanga) plant that has elephant ear/heart like leaves. Also edible.

grannieb, I can send you dwarf banana pup.

• 12 years ago

that sounds nice destiny.... is your malanga, which by the way i have never heard of it but googled images, is it the maroon or green colored ones...also saw some variegated ones. guessing in my zone i could put out summer and have to bring in house rest of year, correct?

Sponsored