SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vjeko_gw

currant/ribes & blackberriey leaf color -what to do

vjeko
11 years ago

Along a short perimiter wall on the west side of the house
(direct sun only in the afternoon), I have planted a number of ribes (red and black) as well as several american thornless blackberries (last year was a disaster with hot weather and my drip irrigation was not planned well so only 2 of the blackberries are left).Unfortunately, wild balckberries are growing all around in the fields - as I understand this can have an impact on the plants, but I can't do anything about that.

Last year only one of the blackberries produced any fruit
(it seemed to be really healthy with quite large fruit - the rest were pretty well dormant with little activity (I thought I'd loose them all).

From further reading and considering the soil analysis I had made a year before, I poured diluted apple cider around the trees and added vermicompost. This seemed to have helped as all of the plants have come to life but I'm not sure what the coloring on the leaves means - if someone could help out.
I'm excited about using vermicompost tea/spray and hope I can get good results/healthy plants even though it may be a little to hot for them here.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting