SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serendipityboy

help with rooting and potting various cuttings

serendipityboy
17 years ago

I have some cuttings that I am attempting to propagate and I was looking for advice on how to get the best results. I am trying to root the following plants:

*several small (3" - 6" tall) Dracaena Fragrans ?Massangeana? (aka Yucca or Corn Plant) canes with no offsets cut from the top of a larger mature Dracena Massangeana Cane

*one large Dracaena Fragrans ?Massangeana? cane cutting from the top of a larger one-this one has many offsets growing directly out of the top of the cane (aka a 'false palm') - it is about 2.5 ft tall in total and the exposed cane at the bottom is about 10" - I would like to know how I can root this one without having to loose the leaves

*a large Milk Bush (aka Pencil Euphorbia or Euphorbia tirucalli) trunk cutting with many branches and a few leaves at the top-it is about 2.5 ft tall and about 1.5 ft wide

*four unbranched Aloe Vera (Aloe camperi?) stems with no roots, cut from a plant that had root rot-the other leaves form the plant turned all mushy and died-this was a store-bought plant that was rotting in the pot when I bought it

*I also have a small store bought Venus flytrap (Dionaea muscipula) that I need to transplant into a larger pot. It is currently residing in the pot I bought it in which is filled with peat-not sure how to transplant it and what medium to use to keep it alive

*I also have one Dracaena Fragrans about a foot tall with one large offshoot (aka a 'Ti Tree'?) -this one has roots and needs to be transplanted into another pot-not sure what medium to use or how big a pot

If anyone has suggestions regarding how to pot and root these cuttings and plants, what type of soil to use, pot size, sun exposure, care and watering etc, please let me know...I am in Hardiness Zone 5a and these are all indoor plants (outside on a balcony in the summer) in an 11th floor apartment with sun exposure from windows facing east.

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!