SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frugalfanny

HAVE: way too many plants!

FrugalFanny
11 years ago

Hello Gardenweb! As spring is beginning to spring here in the Northeast, I am getting excited to do some exchanging! I haven't ever taken part in an exchange before, just FYI, so I may need some help along the way with the logistics.

PLEASE READ THROUGH THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE CONTACTING ME FOR TRADES! Thank you:)

I have many too many plants and need to thin down my growing collection. Therefore, I prefer to trade many plants for few or possibly none at all. That means you get a good deal!

The purpose of this posting is to see if there is any interest out there for things I have to offer so I can get an idea of what I need to do to prepare for a trade. Actual timing of the trade will depend on both weather and my current location, as I work seasonally and am currently waiting to see what I'll be up to (and where) for the Spring and Summer. That is why I'm doing this post ahead of time to give myself a chance to pull everything together.

My collection is spread across two locations: Western NY and in Vermont, but I have multiples of many of my plant species at both locations. Others are located only at one or the other location, so I will need a heads up from folks who are interested so I can grab those plants when I travel back and forth.

NOW FOR THE PLANTS/CUTTINGS AVAILABLE:

I am confident in the majority of my IDs, and will let you know otherwise.

I have a lot of:

Chlorophytum comosum aka Spider Plant (both plain green and reg. variegated)

Kalanchoe blossfeldiana cuttings (various colors)

Sansevieria babies (various cultivars and growing habits)

Rhoeo/Tradescantia spathacea (aka Moses in the Cradle) cuttings, most rather etiolated but still viable

Holiday cactus cuttings (rooted and unrooted; these include true Schlumbergera x buckleyi Christmas Cactus)

There are also:

African violets (various)

Agave parryi pups (aka Artichoke agave; a few small ones about 2-4" across)

Crassula ovata (some cuttings, some plantlets from leaves, most very small)

Kalanchoe fedtschenkoi (purple scallops)

AND MANY MORE! If I find anything else that I have in excess, I will follow up with more posts. Also feel free to view my exchange page for details and many more possibilities, as well as things I am interested in trading for.

Right now, top on my WANTED list are:

Sans. 'gold flame' and 'black star'
Selenicereus anthonyanus (Ric rac cactus)
Chlorophytum x fire flash
Billbergia nutans aka Queen's Tears
Small agaves appropriate for indoor growing (that I do not have)
Gasteria or gasteria-aloe hybrids (small ones) (I do not have any of these yet)
Callisia fragrans (do I really want to get myself into this?? maybe I do...)

More on exchange page.

Please contact me via this post or email with any questions or interest. I am happy to send/post photos if you like.

Sorry this post is so long, but I want to be clear from the get-go.

Happy Spring! (almost...)

FF

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor