SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tootswisc

I've got news...a Senior moment

tootswisc
18 years ago

I am the President of our local Senior Citizen group. Primetimers is what we call ourself. A few months ago, we got an anonamous million dollar donation to build a Senior Center!!!!!Can you believe that. Then last week a local bank donated a 10 passenger van to our group.

All of a sudden my volunteer position-President of the Primetimers-has become a full time unpaid job. It is all way too exciting but also a bit of a worry (a big bit....no, a huge bit)

The endowment states we will get $50,000 a year forever. The city gives us $5000 a year for all of our program expenses that now includes a transportation program. We have a part time position-an independent contractor @$20,000 a year. So altogether we get $75,000 a year to build a senior center, develop all the programs and run a transportation program.

I am quite impressed with how far our group has come. I find myself full of nervous energy. I wonder how I can keep giving to this organization while trying to keep my business running smoothly. I sometimes spend more time volunteering for the Primetimers then I do running Kelly House.

But it is so exciting. I have the van parked in my drive-waiting for the plates to arrive.

Comments (10)