SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carlyroseanne

food as medicine

carlyroseanne
11 years ago

Hello! I am new to this site and hope I am posting in the right place. I have a dream of becoming somewhat of a modern day medicine woman where I can "prescribe" people different foods/herbs to cure them of their ailments. I would want to grow as much of the food myself. I am envisioning quite the set up.

I do know quite a lot about the different healing properties of many foods but I know I have so much to learn before I could actually qualify to dive into this dream of mine.

My first question is, does anyone know of a proper name for someone who does this kind of work? Secondly, what books do you recommend to achieve more information on medicinal properties of foods? And last, what do you recommend I do to get started in this adventure? Has anyone done this before?

I know there is so much information out there and it's overwhelming to comparing to what I know. I know it will take time to earn respect and trust from the community but I am a firm believer in food as medicine and want people to have access to a safe, natural alternative to man made drugs.

Many thanks and much love in advance!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions