SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trudi_d

Expanded List of Tomatoes for SASE

trudi_d
15 years ago

This month I've increased the varieties available in this SASE offer--there are now dozens of choices of any size, shape, color and DTM.

You choose six varieties of tomatoes and you also choose four defaults. You send a two-stamp SASE and I send you back the seeds in about a couple of weeks.

Please use the link below for to view the list of tomato selections; the instructions and address are also there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Your Choice Tomato SASE

Comments (126)

• isamae
    15 years ago

Hi Trudi, I received my tomato seeds today. Thank you so much for your generosity! Can't wait to try them! Isamae

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Trudi,
    I received my seeds. thanks so much. I have a couple seeds I can send the Winter Sowing way.

• Related Discussions

Heirloom tomato seeds gone

Q

Comments (9)
    The Oxheart Tomato I have is Cuor de bue I also have a few seeds extra of some that you've listed that I can send. I a few each of Isis Candy Black from Tula Black Seaman Zapotec Pleated Persimmon Stupice Aunt Ruby's German Green Brandywine Anna Russian Black Krim Nyagous San Marzano Japanese Black Trifle red pear Bloody Butcher And a few more but I'll have to check my seeds as I've been planting and can't promise that I have many of some of them. Sorry, don't have any of the squash you've mentioned, but I do have Uchiki Kuri and Blue Kuri as well as Gold Nugget if you would like some.
    ...See More

Updated Trade List..check out SASE Seed

Q

Comments (5)
    I would love to trade for the follwoing on your list: carrot rainbow pepper choc. beauty pepper hot mixture unopened burpee foil pack 2006 pepper chinese giant unopened foil pack burpee 2006 # pepper orange habanero # pepper habanero arbol Please take a look at my list and see if you can find some things of interest! Carrie
    ...See More

have: updated trade list...some are sase!

Q

Comments (8)
    Alice, I have to offer seeds from Yellow Beefsteak and Red Zebra tomatoes. Would like from your list of seeds: HIBISCUS, "Lord Baltimore" Large & Red, 2007, G, P, 15 seeds, 5 trades PASSION FLOWER, 2006, T, A, 10 seeds, 6 trades Happy Gardening! Peggy
    ...See More

HAVE: for trade or sase tomatoes, endive, arugula, kale +

Q

Comments (13)
    The 1st 14 to go out, was probably "sumwhare"s. "sumwhare", let me know if you don't get any. Today, these will be going out... "sophie" ~ "cowbow dad" ~ "Sarah" & "Vaflowernut" I'm still figuring out "grdngramma" & "seedkeeper" "mrsmodernhousewife" is ready, but waiting on an address. If you requested seeds, but don't get any in a week, let me know, I don't deliberately overlook people, but with so many different IDs, emails, etc, it is possible that your request got lost among them. I'm still waiting to receive the "mack" SASEs. ENDIVE IS ALL GONE (hopefully some outside for "mack" if she wanted any) THERE'S ONLY 1 HYBRID RED CHERRY LEFT
    ...See More
  • nuthatch_mo
    15 years ago

Trudi,
    Thanks so much, received my seeds yesterday. I tried to clean tomato seeds per your instruction sheet, worked great. Will never do it the other way again.
    Nancy

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Some people know how to say the sweetest things ;-)

• eileen_shorty2002
    15 years ago

Miss Trudi :0) would you like a list from me or should i have you surprise me. i found extra stamps for you, also several small envs. PLMK thanks again T

• thinking_stomach
    15 years ago

You are so awesome! My list goes on on Monday's mail. Thank you so much for all of your generous work.

• austinnhanasmom
    15 years ago

THANKS Trudi for the WONDERFUL seeds!! Very happy to receive your generous offer and glad to submit extra seeds for your cause - thanks so much -

• nemophila
    15 years ago

This is fantastic!
    My SASE will be in the mail Monday.

Here is a link that might be useful: nemophila's trade page

• medontdo
    15 years ago

Trudi, thank you so much!!! the seeds arrived today, thank you so very much!! you are just such a generous person!@!!
    tabor freaked out!! he loves tomatoes!! so he absolutely was happy that we had that many to plant in the spring!! LOL ~Medo

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Trudi,
    Thank you so much for the seeds. I am thrilled with the ones that I received - especially excited to have Chocolate Cherry! Does that sound like a yummy tomato, or what?
    Jeanne

• laxfan
    15 years ago

Trudi,
    I received my seeds a few days ago. thank you so very much for your generousity and this terrific work that Wintersown is doing. I've visited the website and am looking for ways that i can contribute.
    best regards,
    jg

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you JG, you're very welcome. At WinterSown I'm always working on something (it never ends). I'm currently working on building a set of make-your-own seed packets that will print out four to a page; right now only the most generic are ready to download.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Packets

• geeboss
    15 years ago

Trudi

Thanks for making winter sowing possible, can't wait to see the little tomato seedlings growing in late March. However my DW isn't too happy with all the milk jugs in the back yard. Guess I'll have to make a pretty barrier around the Jugs to hide them from view. LOL

George

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You're very welcome George--I think in the past some of our WSers have used lattice fencing with some 2 x 4s to make screening.

• sonbie
    15 years ago

Dear Trudi,
    I hope that these are still available:
    Winter sow tomato seed
    Black Sea Man
    Gilbertie
    Fuzzy Peach
    Isis Candy cherry
    Aunt RubyÂs German Green
    Black Brandywine

Alt
    Italian Market Wonder
    Super Sioux
    Russian Persimmon
    Green grape
    I am sending out the envelopes.
    Sondra

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have them all packed in good amounts, thank you for asking, Sondra. I just happened to have packed another thirty of the Black Brandywine yesterday afternoon; it's been very popular lately.

• sonbie
    15 years ago

Thank you Trudi for your reply. I'll get my envelopes ready. Happy and warm holiday wishes to you.
    Thanks for all you do!
    Sondra

• bashful_gardener
    15 years ago

Trudi,

I would love to try some of those tomato varieties - thanks so much for the offer! I'd like to try:
    Black Cherry, Black Sea Man, Super Sioux, Isis Candy,
    Juane Flamme, and Gilbertie. For the alternates, how about Early Kus Ali, Marglobe, Sheyenne, and Fabulous? Wow - that was a tough process; you've got a great selection! Thanks again for the offer.
    Sandra

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Looks like a great set of choices with lots of different sizes, shapes and colors. I'm glad you like the list--it truly has something for everyone including some blends for people who aren't sure what they want but they love a good tomato ;-)

T

• antiquegardenfairy
    15 years ago

If still available, I would like the following, please:

Rhoades Heirloom
    Tennessee Britches
    Brad's Black Heart
    Gilbertie
    Aunt Ruby's German Green
    Black Sea Man

Alternates would be:
    Slavianskii Shedevr
    Verja's Paradajz
    Goji Faranji
    Georgia Stream

Great list and thank you so much.
    Sam

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Please send a SASE with your list, I'll be happy to fill it.

I update the list a few times a week so it is always up to date.

T

• joy_unspeakable
    15 years ago

Trudi -

What a generous offer! I hope I am not too late to get in on it. I will be putting my list and envelope in the mail tomorrow. Thanks in advance and BLESS YOU!!!

• heyitzbenny
    15 years ago

Hello Trudi!

I will have my list in the mail tomorrow as well! I hope its not too late for everything on my wishlist! I really want to try the tomatoes you got from the USDA!

- Benny

• gardeningbingo
    15 years ago

count me in i will send my invalopes tomorro.thanks gardeningbingo.

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'll keep an eye out for it.

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Hi ,i would love to have some tomatoes too please. Thanks. sending you an email.Chris

• irisgirl
    15 years ago

Trudi -
    If this offer is still in effect I would appreciate some seeds. My list goes off tomorrow. Thanks!

• hyenas
    15 years ago

I don't know if this list is still in effect but I would love to try growing some new varieties this year. Thanks for doing this!

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WinterSown.Org exists on the net 24/7/365. Everything is good to go.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Bumping this up as there seem to be several new members who are either tomatoholics, or they are well on their way to becoming very addicted.

Sue...an admitted tomatoholic, and an assistant enabler here You rock Trudi!

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bless you Sue.

Once this post hits 150 I will post it again!

All I ask is a two-stamp long envelope with a list of your first choice six varieties and a default list of four other choices. This list changes frequently as varieties are exhausted and new ones added to replace them. The four defaults are really important; I don't want anyone to feel disappointed if any of their first six have been exhausted between the time the SASE is mailed and it arrives.

On my end I will send back the seeds padded with bubble wrap enclosed in a brochure with info on how everyone can quickly save their own tomato seeds without fermentation in a manner that will help prevent the spread of exterior, seed-borne tomato diseases. Fermentation is a process that takes several days--with this new method you are over and done with it in 35 minutes AND you get a half hour break in there too! You will need a bowl, water, Ajax or Comet, a sieve and the bulb of a turkey baster--most of us already have that in our kitchens so it's not going to cost a nickel.

The tomato list has all manner of sizes, shapes and colors and a few blends. Because the list is long (over a hundred choices) it can be overwhelming to make selections--especially if you're new to growing toms from seed.

I will be happy to make appropriate selections (my choice) for anyone who wants/needs that; simply send the two-stamp long SASE without a seed list and I will automatically know to select tomatoes for you.

T

PS...

Please do not send a bubble/padded mailer. Send a two stamp long envelope. I will provide the padding on this end.

Please do not use metered postage, it can only be mailed from the issuing zip code.

To see the brochure info please use the link below and click on the 'Scrub Girl' to advance the pages.

Here is a link that might be useful: Online version of the tomato cleaning brochure.

• helenh
    15 years ago

I want to participate. Thank you so much.

• natalie4b
    15 years ago

Sending you e-mail.

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This offer is still good.

Please do NOT send bubble mailers, instead use a long SASE with two first class stamps attached.

Trudi

• plantman50
    15 years ago

emailing you

• eradams05
    15 years ago

Trudi,

Thank you so much! I got my seeds, and was like a kid at Christmas!

Renee

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

If anyone needs tomato seeds please use the link at the top of this post--that way I don't get extra emails ;-O

Thanks,

Trudi

• karendee
    15 years ago

"I will be happy to make appropriate selections (my choice) for anyone who wants/needs that; simply send the two-stamp long SASE without a seed list and I will automatically know to select tomatoes for you. "

Trudi,

What a wonderful person you are to share your tomatoes. I looked at your list and it is too much for me to pick from. I am hoping to take you up on the offer for you to choose for me :) Anything you wish to send to me will be ok. I will address and mail the envelope this morning!

thank you so much!!
    If you ever need some seeds I will be happy to send to you as well. I will try to harvest my tomatoes this year.

Karen
    GW name: karendee

• karendee
    15 years ago

I put the envie in the mail and forgot to add my Gw name. Sorry, I tried to catch it but it was gone already (mailed from work)

So if you get an envie with no note inside it is from me. I live in IL.

thanks!
    Karen/ karendee

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay Karen, that's okay ;-) As long as it has an address on the SASE the seeds will get to you.

• karendee
    15 years ago

thanks so much Trudi! you are so nice doing all of this!!!

Karen

• jaycetiger
    15 years ago

Yes mamma, I was wondering if you were still doing ths great thing for people if so we would love to have what you have to offer. I am just starting my garden with my two little girls and she loves picking tomatos, so if you have any you would make her very happy. And Thank you in advance for your time.

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I still help out people Jayce, just use the link above and follow the instructions.

Trudi

• sonbie
    15 years ago

Hi Trudi,
    Rodents destroyed all my tomato, pepper, eggplant, squash seeds. If you still have seed available I am interested in the following for SASE. Some of the lost seed was just obtained from you and I was eager to try them, like Isis Cherry and Dad's Barber's Paste. Here is my list and please let me know if they are available.
    Sincerely,
    Sonbie

DadÂs barberÂs paste
    Black Sea Man
    Isis Candy cherry
    Rose de Berne
    Caspian pink
    Russian Persimmon
    alts
    Speckled Roman
    Goji faranji
    Morgage lifter
    San Marzano

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm not sure what list you're looking at. I took Black Sea Man off the list nearly a month ago, Isis Candy and Mortgage Lifter were both exhausted and removed from the list yesterday afternoon.

Please look at the list again and replace those three--otherwise you're going to receive more replacements that you expect ;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Your Choice Tomato SASE page

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    15 years ago

Hi Trudi, I wasnt sure if I was supposed to post here too but I sent an envie last week ;-) I hope you received it ;-) Thanks so much for this great offer !

~Iris

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Iris,

It's not needed to post here.

I dropped about fifty of these into the mailbox last night--all tomato SASEs that came through the week are filled and mailed.

Your seeds are on the way!

• spikeysmom
    15 years ago

Hi Trudi,

Thanks for the offer. I am wondering if there are any still available? thanks!

dawn

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

'Your Choice Tomato SASE' is a permanent fixture of WinterSown.Org.

• sonbie
    15 years ago

Thanks Trudi on the correct list and I will send out a SASE with my new choices. You are such a dear to organize these seeds and make them available to us.
    We love you!
    Sonbie

Sponsored