SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisalu_gw

I'm gonna murder the zucchini!

lisalu
16 years ago

Someone stop me! When I was doing my walk through in my garden this morning, I almost did it. But I decided to think about it a little longer before I condemn my zucchini plant to execution.

It is so freaking HUGE!! I actually have two zucchini plants. One of them is a little more well behaved and has kept itself in line with the yellow squashes on its row. It has produced only a few fruits - which are all I really need.

But this monster, who must be on steroids or something, is four times bigger than any other squash in my garden and presents me with an average of one zucchini ready to pick each day. I can't even walk down the row because of this behemoth. Its humongous leaves are shading nearby peppers and okra.

I had no idea they got this big - chalk it up to ignorance. I hate to pull out a plant with such a lusty enthusiasm for life and such a prolific offering of vegetables (that nobody wants to eat anymore!) Anybody got any ideas? Does it make sense to just prune it back? If that decreases production, that would be fine with me.

Comments (30)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!