SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
indyseedbank

HAVE: sase/trade:tomatoes-kale-radish-arugula-Beets&cantaloupe

Sorry 4 the double posting, my computer messes up a lot.

I'll send these, no trade needed, (unless you want to trade), to anyone who wants to send a self addressed stamped envelope.

IF THIS POST IS STILL HERE, I STILL HAVE THE SEEDS LISTED.

I change the numbers of available packs, and erase any unavailable ones, as availability dwindles, now that we can easily edit posts!

I would prefer the return envelope to have 1-2 first class stamps on it. The more types/packs you want, the more weight, the more postage needed. I shouldn't need more than 2 stamps.

I use "Occupant" as a mailing name, for similar reasons. I get mail fine with it, and would rather be safe, than sorry. They have to deliver paid for mail, no matter what name is on it. I get flyers addressed to "Occupant" all the time. I don't put "seedtrader" as a name, because some post office people are "weird" about seeds being sent in envelopes, wanting people to pay more to send them as a package (local PO here). ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If you want to do a trade, that's fine too, You can look at my exchange list, I really need Purple Beauty Pepper, Blood Red Turnip, and red cabbage especially. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\` The seeds are raised veganically vegan/organic in a permaculture no waste method. I'm not certified, just ethical. I don't use any commercial animal based soil amendments. I do use pet rabbits who stay inside, and 6 little goldfish who stay outside except in the winter, as fertilizer factories. The fish keep my water catchment tubs free of mosquito larva, and infuse "nutrients" into the rainwater. The rabbits eat all kinds of vegan waste, baked potato skins, banana peels, weeds, untreated grass, seed stalks, blackberry leaves, and even some flowers, and rose clippings. They are more efficient in reducing biomass, into usable fertilizer, than a compost pile.

I have some tomato seeds...20+ seeds per pack

1. Copia - red stripes on a yellow background ( 8 prepacked - some more unpacked - available as of this posting)

2\. Old Ivory Egg tomato \- pale yellow, size & shape of a hen's egg. (27 packs available as of this posting) \- see larger pale tomatoes in the photo below. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3\. Amur Tiger tomato\-dwarf \- grows to about 4 feet tall \- bears red and gold striped tomatoes, the size of ping pong balls or larger. When the green stripes turn gold, they are fully ripe. It's best to harvest this tomato before it's ripe, to prevent cracking due to environmental changes. (a few uncounted available 20+ seeds per pack)

4. HYBRID tomato for growing and eating - was medium orange - crossed with a red hybrid to make red-orange hand ball sized tomatoes, on plants that keep the parents wilt/wispy/droopy foliage - plants are not sick - This plant is the one of the first I grew and started learning to save seeds on - the parent plant was offered as "open pollinated", but they didn't tell me it crosses easily, so won't produce true to type offspring. (106 packs available as of this posting)

Since I saved seeds to it, I don't want to just throw them away.

5\. HYBRID red cherry, may have crossed with a yellow cherry, so fruit maybe red or yellow.and fruit might be larger than a cherry, as a currently growing one is. Same story as above. When they are grown, & eaten, no more seeds will be saved. (10 packs available as of this posting) So if you know people wanting to grow for food, who aren't seed savers, these might work. Since I've learned what I'm doing, I won't be working with any hybrids any more.

And some other veggie seeds...

6. Cantalope - Hale's Best - unpacked - limited amount available

7\. Radish DUO MIX \-Sparkler White Tip and/or Cherry Belle Radish\- unpacked a few available. This is a random mix, of these 2 types of radish, so it is possible that you could get all of one or the other, but that's not very likely, you should get some of each in a random ratio. Cherry Belle, is all red, globe shaped, and very early. Sparkler White Tip, is oval shaped/elongated globe, 3/4ths red from the top of the radish, to just below the middle, 1/4th white, on the bottom, including the root tail, oval shaped, and matures at a later date than Cherry belle.

8. Arugula - Roquette (45 packs available as of this posting)

9\. detroit red beets

10. Red Russian Kale (leafy type/NOT ornamental rosette type) -Just harvested the other day-July 19 2014 (23 packs available as of this posting)
There is a quarter TEAspoon of seeds in each pack, because they're somewhat small.) I'm going to redo these to one Lego cap full approx. 40 seeds each pack.

Red russian kale, is not a compact rosette ornamental form. This one's growth habit is similar to mustard, leaves alternating along an elongated stem when it's older.

When it's younger, it kind of resembles baby oak leaf lettuce.
Hopefully you'll be able to see the image in the link.

http://http://sfc.smallfarmcentral.c... russian.jpg

I believe it's a biennial.

The parent plant of the seeds that I have was planted last year, survived the winter, then sent up a flower stalk this year, and made a gazillion seed pods.

The parent is still alive, but scrappy looking, with few leaves, and almost all the seed stalks cut off.

It may look nice as a young leafy planting the rest of this season, but may try to come back next year and get stalky, flower and set seed pods.

The ornamental rosette kale, seems to keep a more compact rosette form, with no seed pod.

I don't know much about that type, as I've never grown it.

11\. mustard\-NOT FOR USE AS A SALAD GREEN\- I think these mustard seeds, were originally for sprouting, but I grew them out. The leaves are green, rough, and feel a little prickly. However, you could use these for a cover crop, or to grow chicken, rabbit, goat, etc. food. I'm going to use them as a cover crop. I can give a lot in a pack, for cover cropping raised beds or something, probably 100+ seeds per pack.

12: Chinese White Winter Radish -SEE PHOTO- hot taste!-"7-8-inch long, white winter radish with a blunt tip and crisp, solid flesh."

This radish seems mild, at first bite, but when the juice comes out, it has a hot bite to it, then a firey "afterburner" taste that stays on the tongue for a minute.

You can use it similar to horseradish, if you don't have any.

If you like hot peppers, you'll probably like it.http://www.smartgardener.com/plants/1634-radish-chinese-white-winter/overview

[
](http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/exseed/msg09222027814.0922283125999.jpg) This post was edited by seedtraderyandex on Sun, Sep 7, 14 at 22:47

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks