SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bfreeman_sunset20

Help with Daconil

bfreeman_sunset20
17 years ago

Some things have been bugging me about my dormant daconil sprays. My trees are breaking dormancy, and I sprayed my last time today. This stuff is so viscous, I dont think its coming out of my sprayer. I am using a hose end sprayer that requires no mixing, it has dials to set for how many tbls,tsps, ect per gal. I am using ortho chlorathalinol. I have been diluting the stuff half strength the last two sprays, but it still doesnt seem to be getting used. I would prefer not to dilute, as then I cant pour the remains back in the bottle, and I dont really know how to dispose of it(I have been pouring it down the drain, I am on septic).

I know I could use a dye, but I was thinking it would pull up the dye and leave the daconil. Now that I think about it that would not happen, its a mixture. It is such a dilute amount it calls for per gallon(2.25 tsp) that it could be hard to tell it is being used, but I sprayed for about 15 minutes and dont see any less in my sprayer. Thanks for your experience!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz