SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanwedding

identifying pest beetles so frustrated please help

I have spent hours on this site and others. My eyes are way tired. Been sick about problem but got other things going on besides gardening issues too.

I got veggies problems out the.....

The beetles I am seeing are lots bigger than lady bugs. I thought they may be spotted cucumber beetles. They acting constantly like Japanese beetles you know always in pairs. etc. But dont look like any of the many pics I have web searched.

They are orange with black dots. somewhat smaller than Japanese beetles. The distinguishing part I can say is they have a big BLACK triangle at their tail end NOT on their neck end .Like ,I believe, the bean beetle pics show.

I have smashed quite a few. Others I have knocked into soapy water. Now I am hesitant. I stopped picking them off my kale, collards, broccoli, fruit trees, etc. and hurried in house to ask you all

I dont want to kill beneficial insects. Course I have damage from caterpillars galore via the white moths. I even have the my greens partly covered with tulle. I am at my wits end. Thought at first the damage was heat and drought related in my small garden like bleached areas on the green foliage. probably have aphids too. Its really getting to be bad

thinking they are big lady bugs. But seriously doubt.

Thanks all

Jean

Comments (7)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company