SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karri25_gw

New to fruit trees/ need lots of help!

karri25
17 years ago

Hello! I have searched the forums and have not found exactly what I'm looking for. I might have jumped in over my head but there's no turning back for me now! I have one pear, one red haven peach, one macintosh apple, one plum, and two hazelnuts. They rae very small 1-2 1/2 feet tall. My back yard is pretty open with half of it being very well draind and half being partly soggy after rains. On the east side I have semi-shade until noon and the west side has complete sun. I would like to plant on each side of my yard creating a little fence-line of fruit/nut trees. I guess that I need to add that I only have one each of th efruit b/c other people in our area have enough fruit trees that I was told I wouldn't need to buy two for pollination. I live in Arkansas, zone 7. Can I have some advise as to where each tree would do best, how to plant for optimum growth/survival, and if I even stand a chance??? I have been looking online and can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I would like to plant within two days. The trees are vare root and are currently in a bucket of water as I didn't know what to do with them while I got ready. THanks so much for any advise!!!!!!

Comments (5)