SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veggiefaery

Jobe's Organics Fertilizer Spikes

veggiefaery
14 years ago

Has anyone used Jobe's Fertilizer Spikes. I am using them on my squash in an effort to get my squash plant to stop aborting the fruit.

After reading the following advice in the FAQ section, I hope I am correctly guessing what the problem might be.

"Additional causes of aborted fruit are excessively hot daytime temperatures, plant stress from improper watering, lack of nutrients, too much nitrogen, or the plant simply being too young to support fruit. In these cases, the plant may drop unopened female blossoms; correcting any stress, or waiting for the plant to mature, will stop the bud drop. Ã "

We've had a heat wave so I might suspect that to be the problem, but the female blossoms and fruit were falling off well before the heat wave hit. I also suspect over-watering so I am going to significantly reduce how much I water. As for too much nitrogen, I used a spritz fertilizer and a fertilizer you hook up to the hose. I fertilized using one of these two methods three times in four weeks. Not sure if that is too much fertilizer, but it doesn't seem like it to me. Hopefully Jobe's fertilizer spikes will do the trick.

Comments (5)