SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliemaye

Tea Garden/Spice Garden?

juliemaye
10 years ago

I previously worked at David's Tea and developed a huge love for herbal teas...then I realized...I could grow my own!

Last year was my first year developing experience with plants...I hopped aboard about 2 months before the season ended, and purchased 1 stevia plant (that my cat killed) purchased 1 more Stevia plant (that thrived) and 2 Mint plants - one Chocolate, one Plain.

This year, I would like to have two indoor (or outdoor if that's better?) herb gardens...one grown specifically for tea, and one grown specifically to create spices for cooking.

I have been able to come up with a lot on spice gardens (it's super simple...reading the back of packets in grocery stores, etc. and finding out what the best/most common spices are, and previous cooking experience LOL!)

But I am having a hard time figuring out which herbs I should grow for my tea garden! I think the Stevia from last year was good, because it is a natural sweetener, but what else do you guys think? Mint? Lemon Grass? Fennel? Catnip (this would benefit me AND my cat, LOL!)? What else? I am so stumped, every time I typed these questions in google they just came up with super simple: the ones I mentioned above...LOL

Thank you so much in advance for your help!! If you have any experience with growing your own tea garden...please let me know what other types of plants you grew for it, too! (I know herbs aren't the only thing that go into herbal teas...organic fruits do and others' as well? I want to get a dehydrator so I can add fruits to my teas. :] )

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions