SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
santi_rodriguez

My City Garden Pictures

santi_rodriguez
14 years ago

So this garden has been in the gutter for years, but a couple of years ago I undertook the task of bringing it back to life, this is what I got so far, suggestions are always welcome. There are still a million things to do but it is so much better than before.

I live in the heart of the city so it is sorrounded by tall buildings yet we manage to get plenty of sun.

{{gwi:64157}}

This is some sort of creeper which came with the garden and it is HUGE it covers almost ten stories of that building. In the fall it turns deep red.

{{gwi:64158}}

The fornt plant is I believe a camelia, and this spring I planted a wisteria to cover the pergola.

{{gwi:64159}}

{{gwi:64160}}

That is a ficus tree, it was intended to grow as a shrub but years of neglet turned it into this beautiful huge tree, no leaves visible cause it was just prunned.

{{gwi:64161}}

{{gwi:64162}}

{{gwi:64163}}

The tall plant is a two year old lemon verbena, I am lucky enough that here it is able to survive the winter. It is quite a grower also. Under it there is some sort of rue, goldenrods, yarrows and a couple of roses.

{{gwi:64164}}

{{gwi:64165}}

{{gwi:64166}}

And this is my kumquat bush, and the plant beneath I can remember the name right now.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County