SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlee198

To save or to let die... help me decide... (peach tree)

jlee198
16 years ago

Hello everyone,

I have a white peach tree that I planted when I just 10 years old. I'm now almost 23, that gives you an idea about how old this tree is.

My situation is that after around 9 years and possibly much neglect, I realized the tree had been planted incorrectly. The rootstock was nearly all underground, thereby apparently killing and rotting it. The main trunk and branches of the tree have become hard and callous. It is still the size that it was when I originally purchased it (only about 5 feet tall).

I have since then "re-planted" it in the correct manner. There are multiple flowers about to bloom. My question is, now that I have taken the corrective measures, will the rootstock be able to fully revive? Or will it continue to dwindle year after year with marginal growth and productivity? If it is just hanging on a thread, I rather put it out of its misery and possibly plant another who CAN thrive.

I have included pictures of the blooms, branch, and rootstock for your viewing. I am really sideways about this situation. Maybe you can help me decide.

Thanks for your time and help!

Best Regards,

Jeff

Here is a link that might be useful: My Flickr Account

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH