SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lillyanne_gw

Evil things eating my garden!

lillyanne
13 years ago

Hello all - I was hoping for some suggestions for termination of whatever evil little creatures have decided to assault my southeastern WI garden this year. Being a newbie, I am not especially confident when identifying exactly what my enemy here is, so any ideas are really appreciated!

I had not noticed any major invasions until the after the past week and a half of very hot, muggy, humid, rainy weather. Now all of a sudden my tomato and green bean plants have been ravaged indiscriminately - one tomato plant out of 12 had every single leaf eaten (the main stalk and all leaf stalks were in tact). My green bean plants will have huge holes in the leaves of one plant, and the next plant is untouched. I do not see any "clingers" (there are no noticeable bugs on the plants when I examine them) at various points during the day. The gardens are raised beds, weeded consistently, and mulched with composted (organic) leaves.

This means war - although I am trying mightily to keep to the organic code. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very gratefully appreciated!

Thanks!

Lilly

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting