SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanc_gw

'Search Lists' function has a bug

SusanC
14 years ago

Ellie experienced a problem with the 'search lists' function, so I put on my systems analyst hat and looked into it. (-: Apparently, the exchange list search function is not working properly for members with punctuation symbols in their gardenweb names, i.e., creative.gardener and ellie-gardner.

For example, performing a ÂSearch Lists for members who have daisy seed to trade does not return the correct results for the following members who have punctuation symbols in their names:

country-gardener

catherine-garden

creative.garden

ellie-gardener

margi-rita

mimi-grandma

yogi-gardener

Instead of the memberÂs name, followed by the seed name, the search function returns the following:

./data/seedtrade/catherine-garden:Becky shasta daisy (when I find out how to get their seeds)

./data/seedtrade/country-gardener:Daisy Gloriosa C=extra 07

./data/seedtrade/country-gardener:Shasta Daisy Alaska C= extra 08

./data/seedtrade/creative.garden:Alaska Shasta Daisy - Chrysanthemum maximum

./data/seedtrade/ellie-gardner:Bellis English daisy

./data/seedtrade/ellie-gardner:Thymophyllia Dahlberg Daisy

./data/seedtrade/margi-rita:coreopsis, pink cone flower, white shasta daisy, morning glory, hollyhocks, blue scabosia, & zinnias (mixed color).

./data/seedtrade/mimi-grandma:Shasta Daisy

./data/seedtrade/yogi-gardener:Shasta Daisy (G)

Clicking on the links for any of the above takes you to a trade page for 'data', a non-existent member. I.e., click on ./data/seedtrade/ellie-gardner:Bellis English daisy, and you will be taken to http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/data/seedtrade/ellie-gardner:Bellis%20%20%20%20%20%20%20English%20daisy/

This bug prevents tradelists for members with punctuation symbols in their names from being accessible via the search function. I have reported this problem to gardenweb.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!