SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chickenmama1

Mr. Flappers finds 2 friends!!!

chickenmama1
18 years ago

At last Mr. Flappers, my Blue Swedish duck, has some duckie friends! I have hunted and searched everywhere close and far for a friend for Mr. Flappers. As some of you know, Mr. Flippers flew away in the spring and left poor Mr. Flappers alone.

This last month I called yet another vet's office and was directed to a local org. called "Animals in Distress". I've been down many similar roads before this, but THIS time I was able to adopt a pair of ducks. They are Mr. and Ms. Pippit, a small male Mallard and his wife, a tiny Call Duck. They are just adorable little things. Mr. Pippit was hit by a car a year and a half ago and has a wing that hangs down and a leg that makes him limp. Ms. Pittit is SO precious and QUIET!!!!??? I wonder why I've only heard her quack three times in the last month...? Winter time, maybe? Last year they produced 8 babies, so I know that he is still functional in that regard.

Just wanted to pass the news along to those of you who knew about Mr. Flippers and Mr. Flappers.

I'm still searching for a mate for Mr. Flappers. Mr. Pippit doesn't like the mating behavior his wife is displaying for Mr. Flappers.... Mr. Flappers is very pleased with it, thought!

It's all good! :-)

Comments (4)