SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ally99_gw

My garden is full of problems - Newbie needs help.:-(

ally99
15 years ago

Hey everyone. I am new to vegetable gardens this year, and things were going wonderfully until my 4-day vacation. I had a watering timer, so getting water wasn't a problem. However, I returned home to find much of my garden looking unhealthy and dying. :-( My peas have dark, purplish spots on the leaves as well as some holes here and there.

{{gwi:73809}}

{{gwi:73810}}

My tomato leaves are looking a bit "curled".

{{gwi:73811}}

My squash (leaves and the squash itself that had bloomed beautifully before I left) are shrinking, dying, or gone. :(

{{gwi:65759}}

I found eggs and weird spider looking bugs all over my squash (which must explain why they are looking so unhealthy).

{{gwi:65761}}

My corn leaves have begun to turn a little brown at the bottoms.

{{gwi:73812}}

My cucumber leaves seem to be a bit unhealthy around the bottom of the plant, though I do still have some yellow flowers.

{{gwi:73813}}

I'm very discouraged as everything was beautiful before I left. :-( If anyone has any ideas about one or more of these problems (causes and/or solutions), please let me know. Even if there is no hope and my garden flops this year, I want to really learn from my mistakes so that next year it goes better (fingers crossed). Thanks for your help. Ally

{{gwi:73814}}

{{gwi:73815}}

Comments (10)