SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizzyw2001

Valencia Orange tree

Lizzyw2001
12 years ago

Hi,

My husband and I just planted 4 Valencia Orange trees on the slope in our backyard last weekend, they are small, about 2-3 ft tall and the trees are not looking as healthy this week.

In particular, one of the trees leaves are turning from a deep green to a lighter shade of green, more like a light lime color, and the leaves are also curling in.

Before we planted, I was told to give the trees a good watering 2-3 times per week for a couple weeks, until the roots set, and to mix the dirt with 50/50 with planting soil. The day we planted them, we gave a good watering, then moderate rain on Wed. About 20 feet above the trees are three 25' radius sprinklers which we also installed last week. We set the sprinklers to run twice a day for the first week to help establish moisture on our otherwise previously dry hill.

On Saturday, after watering the trees with the hose, is when we noticed how the color has lightened over the past 7 days.

From our searching on the internet, we're not sure if we're over watering, under watering, pest issues, or just shock from transplanting.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments (11)