SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eukofios

Is there a late blooming peach that resists leaf curl?

eukofios
13 years ago

Mostly I have genetic dwarf peaches. The last couple of years I covered them with plastic for the winter to avoid leaf curl. It works but it's a lot of effort and I have to plan. This year I didn't have a chance, so I suspect it's too late. I don't know if genetic dwarf varieties are more susceptable to leaf curl or are earlier bloomers, but the leaf curl nearly killed Honey Babe and elminated the crop from Sungold 2 years ago.

Then they bloom early sometimes while still covered, then it frosts and kills the crop. I live in Portland Oregon area.

I looked up late bloomers and leaf curl resistant varieties. I could not find any that were listed as both a late bloomer plus leaf curl resistant. Is there such a variety?

I have a Tri-Lite Peach-Plum hybrid. I don't know if it will be leaf curl resistant yet. Last year I had it covered too. It also blooms fairly early but I got a couple dozen peaches last year which was plenty.

It's frustrating to nurture them for so many years then lose a crop because I didnt have a chance to cover them.

Comments (7)