SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scarletdaisies

Squash Bug Rash

12 years ago

I finally found some squash bugs on my squash plants this year, last year was a total bust because of them, but so far they are starting very slow due to new area. I have also gotten so aggravated with them, when I see them on the plant, I put my fingers so I can smash them against the vine and they can't run, very productive compared to chasing them, but now I am broke out into what I thought was poison ivy/oak/sumac/or virginia creeper. I had a small amount of it, now it's uncontrollable.

I've read squash bugs on the eastern coast cause skin rashes if it contacts the skin, I'm in Middle Tennessee, do these squash bugs cause rashes? I'm really being eaten up by this rash on my hands and it's spreading. It's just like a poison oak rash, but it's getting worse each day since I started smashing the bugs and eggs on my hands, I know that is gross, but I'm not abidextrous (mispelled I'm sure) at handling a bowl of soapy water and picking eggs at the same time. I literally have been smashing them between my fingers or on my palms being desperate to get rid of them quick before I have an infestation. Are these bugs causing my rash?

Comments (12)