SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ju1234_gw

WANTED: Bubble or plain envelop? Is it worth the money?

ju1234
11 years ago

I think by writing this thread I may flare some angry emotions here. I have read some member's pages really emphasiziing the bubble packing and they absolutely refuse to trade without it. I apologise in advance if i upset anybody. If This issue has been written up in the past, I am sorry to bring it up again.

I am new gardener and brand new to seed exchanging. I have received a few packages so far. The other day I was in post office. I had two envelops, one bubble envelop, the other plain paper with bubble material lined inside. Both weighed les than 1 Oz (0.6 and 0.4). The clerk charged me $1.95 for the bubble envelop (he said this has to go as parcel post) and $0.65 for the other.

In the short time I have done this, I have received 4 envelops, all approximately with the same quantity of seeds. It cost the sender $1.95 (bubble)for one, $0.65 for two (padded without bubble) and $0.45 (no padding) for one. Only one (unpadded) had 1 of 8 (round fat seeds)seeds crushed, all others were intact and everyone of those 7 seeds germinated.

Is it worth? My opinion: Unless one is sending some rare or very delicate seeds, it is not. Most seed packets will go through the USPS system without any problems. Even if one or two seeds are crushed, no big deal.

I think using plain envelops will save money to both sides of the trade. Just my inexperienced viewpoint. Thanks for reading.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor