SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cottage_garden

HAVE: Blue Eyed Daisy and Pink & White Morning Glory

cottage_garden
13 years ago

Both my Blue Eyed Daisy and Pink with White Center morning glory have gone to seed which I just packaged up. Here are a few details in case you're not familiar with the plants:

BLUE EYED DAISY/CAPE DAISY:

This has to be one of the most unusual daisies I've ever grown. Not only is it incredibly hardy and vibrant, it readily reseeds itself. The plant has a really intriguing texture and is a slight grayish-white throughout and is quite soft to the touch. It's a very attractive plant with serrated edges on the leaves even without the flowers. But the flowers give it an extra kick. Growing to nearly 2 feet in my garden, the flowers grow on tall stems with pure white petals with a purplish-blue center haloed by a vibrant yellow circle. It's truly a gem of a plant.

They're annuals so I don't imagine them being frost hardy however, they rarely have an opportunity to get to the end of their lifecycle because I always end up pulling the plants out before that time. Yes, I do get my fill of them by about early August as that's generally when they really begin to spread their wings and take over whatever area of the garden they've grown in.

I've decided to plant them in front of a white picket fence as I've been trying to figure out which daisies would do best there and I think I've found my answer in these.

Each packet contains a total of 20 seeds each.

This is one of the best pictures I've found of this flower:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/natureloving/3160456873/

http://blog.douggreensgarden.com/blue-eyed-daisy/

PINK & WHITE MORNING GLORY

I've grown many morning glories and none of them by choice. As a matter of fact, the only one I wanted to grow, Chocolate morning glory, petered out after about three months of growth (highly unusual). But at least I was able to garner some seed. I also bought some Candy Cane morning glory from the Sean Conway series and was very disappointed to see they were in fact the more common blue/purple color which is very common here in California.

This morning glory is unusual because it's a really pretty pink with a white center and far more unusual and uncommon that many others. It comes back in the same spot each and every year. This one has been in bloom since early-January. They're incredibly easy to grow and will spread like a wild boar in warm climates so anyone interested in them should take great care to keep them under control if you're in a warm region of the country. They are annuals which are not hardy in frost but during the summer months will definitely provide ample cover to whatever arbor, fence or trellis is provided. This is a climbing plant so you must provide it with something to climb on otherwise it will sprawl until it finds something to scale (which is not recommended). I've seen it grow to a good 20 feet across and 12 feet high so be prepared. These beauties are real charmers and often make people stop and take notice because of the lovely pink offset by the gorgeous green, heart shaped foliage.

Each packet contains 12 seeds.

The closest image I could find was at

Photo: http://www.flowers.vg/flowers/00flower01.shtml?mflowers397.jpg

Interested in trades only, please. No SASE. You are welcomed to make me an offer since I'm really not looking for anything in particular. If you have something unusual, definitely let me know.

Please keep in mind my reference of the seed count (smaller seed count on the morning glory due to the seed being larger):

Blue Eyed Daisy has 20 seeds per packet

Pink & White Morning Glory has 12 seeds per packet

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

By the way, if you're email is set NOT to receive responses then I will not respond to your inquiry.

Thanks for your interest.

Julie

Comments (2)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012