SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erinluchsinger

What's your take on barn cats?

erinluchsinger
18 years ago

I have a sticky situation... kind of... but only b/c I'm dealing w/ my ultra wacking family. We have a farm (as most of you know), and we're down to 3 barn cats. 2 very old males that are quite lazy, one female that hunts very well. Well, I"m on www.freecycle.com the other day and somone wanted to find a home for a very frightened kitty that should have an outside home. I emailed him and said he was more than welcome at the farm so long as he was neutered and was up to date on his shots. I figured what's one more cat to the mix (since there are only 3 and 2 are sooo old). Well, then I started to think that my grandparents' (as it is their farm techinically) would have a fit. So today I "snuck" the new cat in and he fits in quite well. He's very shy so he was happy to have some many nice places to hide. I'm afraid to tell my grandparents that he's there! And to boot, his name is Oliver! Which as most of you know is my son's age! I thought it just must be meant to be.

Would any of you care if you had another barn cat added that was up to date on his shots AND neutered already? I see nothing wrong w/ it, but I know I'll have to face the music soon (my grandparents are a bit wacky).

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions