SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ann_g_gw

Question on Rabbit Processing regulations

16 years ago

Hello,

I've recently joined the forum and read a lot of the posts. Everyone seems either well-informed or at least, enthusiastic about learning more. Very refreshing!

I currently live in SE Georgia, and have just a few meat rabbits. I have about 7 years until I plan to retire, but with my job, I will move at least one more time, more likely twice before then. I have a house in Arizona I'm selling now. So, I have the opportunity to decide where makes the most sense to retire and where to purchase that final place. I of course will want to make money, not lose it, as well as work toward self-sufficiency.

I know raising rabbits is not a get rich quick item. Along with rabbits, I plan on a large garden and other things, depending on where I end up. My retirement should be adequate to live on and the rest is just nice. I don't have to have a huge profit margin.

I like to do research, read lots, etc. What I'm finding difficulty is finding out regulations for various areas regarding sale of farm products. I've used the search engines but have waded through pages of nonsense trying to find out what I need to know. Has anyone found a more direct method of finding information?

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES