SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olreader

My soil report, any comments?

olreader
10 years ago

I am planning on planting some peaches and apricots in a 8'x20' area south of my garage. When it was warm in December I submitted a soil sample to Colorado State extension. They told me what I suspected, high pH, low nutrients, low organic matter, slow draining. Am I missing anything? Should I do anything to the soil before I plant, it is such a small area that I think I could add something to the whole area.

The sample I submitted was mixed from 7 plugs that I dug 8 or 12 inches deep, whatever the instructions were. The two plugs near the garage had some sand that I think was from construction fill. In October I did a drainage test in another part of the yard, I dug a hole 12 inches deep, filled it with water, a small amount started draining in the first hour, but 24 hours later there was still 3 or 4 inches in the bottom of the hole. We don't get much rain here so I'm not too worried about drainage. The place near the garage is on high ground with a slight slope away from the garage which maybe will help.

Here is the report (first page)

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting