SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seramas

Anyone have a Cornish X Horror Story?

seramas
15 years ago

When birds expel their guts it usually means IMPROPER diet. Bird got too fat! I have a 22 week old Cornish X hen named

Hewetta. She is currently 34 pounds, lays an egg every 2 or 3 days (A BIgggg'EN). She gets feed mash 3xday. Just enough to eat in 10 or so mins then removed. She has plenty of "busy food"--whole punkins-apples-tomatoes-squash-cabbage.... These have lots of good things in them but requires effort to eat-therefore-"busy food". She is loose on the greenhouse floor with a couple hundred young Seramas )sweet little birds, 4 quail (they seem to rule the roost) and a dozen 1/2 grown jumbo pheasants.

Back to Hewetta, she followes me around like a jack russel terrier, alway under foot. She moves slow and loves to get up on my lap when I take a rest--has to be lifted. Most hip and heart problems a due to rapid growth and pood nutrients. So important to supplement with water soluable vit/mins. I let them drink it and use it to moisten their feed-they get a double wammie that way. There are mega bits of info on the net that will guide you on caring for the NEW kinds of meat birds. These are not our Grandfathers farm chickens.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County