SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
turnkey4099

Journal for Sept 5-11

turnkey4099
18 years ago

0600 here and not yet fully light. Cool, 41 degrees, clear skies, no wind. Fall is coming on fast. Still no rain, a possible day of showers predicted on Thurs but I don't have much hope.

Tomatoes yeilding up a couple per week after they recuperated from the gopher attack. He has given up on the tomatoes and is now trying to kill the Clematis a few feet away.

Activity for the week - not a lot. Watering lawn, splitting wood very slowly. Moved some into the woodshed yesterday, only needed about 1/4 cord to fill it. Time to start planning for filling the back porch again and clean the chimney. Need to remove the screen that plugged last spring causing the CO detector to activate.

The treatment trips are down to the boring stage. At least I now have a ride arranged with the Council on Ageing for every Friday giving me 3 day weekends.

Finished with the kitchen project of removing paper and repainting. Haven't hung up the gew gaws yet but it'll come.

Murder trial of the (new) century for this county finished up. That is the one where after a night of drinking one guy shot another over a girl. Murder 2, Assault 2 and Kidnapping (on a witness), Use of firearm while committing a felony (that one carries a stiff rider). Good for about 30 years. One shot eliminated 2 ne'er-do-wells from the county.

Off to the new wood patch again today. Was up there Friday removing a small tree that blew down a few weeks ago. 4 hours work brushing/stacking and only got 1/4 load out of it. Since I have already cut my annual quota I am only doing this for fun and excercise so a small load doesn't bother me. Well, except for the cost of the gas! The trip today is to clear out a patch of brush around a big tree that needs to come out. I can't even see how big due to the brush. It has to go into the field so I need to get it worked up. It is huge so I figure at least 3 days

to make good progress. Get the brush out of the way today gives me the next weekend (3 days) to be at it. I wonder if my body can stand 3 days in a row.

Harry K

Comments (5)