SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladybugsmom192

what should i do? **newbie alert**

ladybugsmom192
13 years ago

hi gang! i'm a veggie garden newbie and i think i've made a mistake with planting some things, and am now wondering if/how i can fix it. so i've come to you all for help!

i've got some romaine (4 plants), spinach (4), red leaf (3), mesculin (4), parsely (1), sage (1), tarragon (1), and rosemary all together in a wine barrel top that's 10 inches deep and 24 inches in diameter (i know, what was i thinking?, right?!!). i bought and planted them as seedlings about 3 weeks ago and they're really starting to grow. but now that they're doing that, i realize i've got too much stuff!

the tarragon and sage isn't getting enough light because i put it under the parsley, which is growing like crazy, and the lettuces and spinach is getting that soft mildew (i think that's what it is) from what i think is lack of air circulation (again... this is what i, as a newbie, think, lol!).

so my question is this... can i move the tarragon, rosemary, and sage outta there without hurting them?

or the other plants? can i move some of the lettuces/spinach around without hurting them too?

also, i just found what i'm pretty sure are aphids in my cabbage (2 out of 8 plants), and on one of my collards (1 out of 9 plants). i've uesed a safer insecticide, but am having a hard time getting them out of my plants. any suggestions for cleaning them out? as i'm concerned about the cabbage head development.

thanks so much for any recommendations/advice you can give this humble and hapless novice.

angela

Comments (11)