SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tedln

Photos of my garden, Photo heavy

tedln
14 years ago

Foggy Day? No! It was actually 97 degrees F with 85% humidity. The weatherman said later that with the humidity, it felt like 107 degrees. My camera lens was fogging over.

{{gwi:67873}}
Volunteer Tomatoes, I debated early in the season if I should allow the volunteers from last years crop to grow. They were definitely shallow rooted and probably wouldn't produce. I was wrong. Since this seed was volunteer from a Better Boy hybrid, I have no idea which parent it will resemble.

{{gwi:67874}}
A honey bee simply doing his job on my squash plant.

{{gwi:67875}}
Okay, He has finished his work and just wanted to pose for the camera.

{{gwi:67876}}
My wife is already looking at some recipes to use with these squash when they are grown later this week.

{{gwi:67877}}
Bell Peppers,they are just hanging around in the shade attached to three plants which I planted as one plant. They are growing as fast as they can. I'm in no hurry. I've been pulling some larger than those you get in the market.

{{gwi:67878}}
My first baby eggplant large enough to photograph. This is supposed to be a long, green, asian variety. Since I don't know the vareity, I will have no idea when to pull it. I guess I will just wait and see when it seems to quit growing.

{{gwi:67879}}
This is supposed to be my cucumber trellis and it is producing cucumbers at an alarming rate. I may have to open a roadside stand to give them away. Actually this bed has some cucumbers, squash, eggplant, Bell pepper, carrot, and lettuce. We are about to finish up the last of the lettuce before they bolt.

{{gwi:67880}}
My tomatoes really seem to like the environment under their petticoats. They are protected from the birds and bugs. I have some monstrous sized maters under the skirts just waiting to change color. We have been enjoying a few Juliet early tomatoes on our salads. Next week the tomato plants will have reached the top of the cages and I will have to redirect them to just lay over the top of the cages or let them hang down the sides.

{{gwi:67881}}
This bed actually had 120 Texas A&M 1015 sweet onions. They are just about gone. I gave a lot away. The bed also has eight of my bell peppers growing at the ends of the trellis, on both sides of the trellis. We ate a mess of the green beans last week, but it was only enough for two people. I think the harvest later this week will take care of us, our family, and a few neighbors. The blooms can't be seen, but the plants are covered.

{{gwi:67883}}

Ted

Comments (17)