SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vernonia_gw

the frugal smoker?

Vernonia
18 years ago

Is this an oxymoron??? NO!

I do not smoke... but my DH does. He is a light smoker, but it still costs plenty of money. Nicotine is more addictive than heroin, so I never bother him about quitting. Besides he is hell on earth without his cigarettes :) He only smokes outside, away from all family members, and never in enclosed spaces like a car, so the smell rarely bothers me. The cost is an issue though....

Did you know....

You can get tobacco seeds from Richter's? It is a Canadian nursery that deals in an expansive collection of herbs... www.richters.com... Take a peak and see... they sell more than one variety. And it is perfectly legal to grow tobacco for your own use tax free :)

Another great site that I HIGHLY recommend for growing is www.coffinails.com It is a site devoted to growing tobacco, and they have TONS of good info! A real MUST SEE!

And in case you are opposed to the idea of straining to roll your tops papers and get them sealed without losing the whole lot, and the wonderful flavor and odor of filterless cigarettes, then I will pass on that they have cigarette "tubes" complete with filters! They get stuffed with tobacco with a little machine, and some mail order tobacco companies will even give you one free to get you started! You can pack them as dense as you like ... though a few times I made DH's so dense he could not suck air through it :) But it is another way to save money, and at 25 cents a cigarette, you are practically paying yourself to make your own! You can save a fortune if you are willing to try new flavors, and do a little extra work. I could roll enough cigarettes for the week for DH in 1 hour... but he is a light smoker :) And not to mention, you have your own quality control... the only chemicals used in your tobacco is the ones you put on the plant yourself!

I hope this info helps :)

PS... and to those of you with a penchant for alcohol... it is not too hard or expensive to make your own wines. They are not super foo-foo, but you can control the sweetness, and flavor at a dirt cheap price though :) might I recommend a nice strawberry wine on a cool summer night, with your mate on the back porch? :)

Comments (22)

Sponsored