SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
starlady_gw

Have: Sequoiadendron giganteum (Giant Sequoia) seeds

starlady
14 years ago

I have a few Giant Sequoia seeds available if anyone would like to have a go at planting them. I have no idea how old they are -- the cone has been sitting in a drawer for some time, though I just noticed that the seeds had fallen out a couple of weeks ago. I would love to try to germinate them myself, but don't really have the time or energy to put into what I understand is a delicate and complicated germination process, so I thought I'd offer them to someone who does have that time and energy. I would prefer that only people who are really serious about trying to make these babies grow respond to this offer, as I don't have a lot of seeds to go around. (How many seeds you get will depend on how many people are interested, but will be at least five and probably not more than ten.) Again, these seeds might be quite old and I haven't done any germination tests on them, so YMMV.

My email address is in my profile - just send me your address and I'll get them mailed out to you. Because I am so unsure about the viability of these seeds, I am not asking for a SASE or anything in trade -- though if you get them to grow I would appreciate some photos :)

(cross-posted to Conifers forum)

Comment (1)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!