SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruthieg__tx

Rain Rain Please don't go...

ruthieg__tx
16 years ago

I know that the rain is really plauging some of you but I have to tell you in my area, It has rained almost every day...but a good rain and then it goes away...I have barely watered this year and then it was just to keep the surface damp so the seeds could pop through...

My garden is fabulous...Never had such a great garden...It's like the tropics almost...rain, then hot and steamy...my tomatoes are loaded down and my squash are like amazons...For days on end it rained to the point of saturation and I was really worried but now ...we get a dry day and afternoon or so after every rain and it is so perfect...I have 3 tomato plants in the lowest part of my garden that have wet feet and don't particularly like it but so far they are doing OK too...

Usually by this time of year we are in desert conditions and having to conserve water...I know that the Edwards Aquafer must be filled to the brim and we so desperately needed that...

It certainly hasn't been a typical year for us...How about you...Is your weather different this year?

Comments (12)