SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheilajh

thieving granny

sheilajh
20 years ago

Hi, there this is the first time I've looked at this forum and when I saw the posts about dumpster diving it made me want to share a story with you.

For about 40 years my grandmother has been making memorial day flower arrangements out of found flowers(plastic, silk), she buys them at yard sales, dollar shop, and gathers them from the dumpsters at cemetaries. The ones she gets from the dumpsters she cleans, paints, whatever. She also gets frames and baskets from the dumpsters. She sells these(dirt cheap) around Memorial day to people who are elderly or on fixed incomes, people who can't afford to go pay high prices at the flower shop to decorate their loved ones graves. She has never made any secret of how she gets them and anyone who buys them knows they are recycled.

Just the other day I heard that the owner of a local flower shop had started the rumor that he had seen her stealing flowers off a grave and that her van was full of flowers that she had stolen. He is saying that she has done this for years and no one should buy from her.

That makes me so furious, I know that she would never steal from a grave, she has always been an honest hardworking woman and would just be sick if she heard this. I'm afraid someone is going to tell her, she is 85 and just dosen't need this crap. I hate to confront him about it cause he has the rep. of being sort of a bad*ss and I don't want to make matters worse. Does anyone have any advice as to how to stop this.

Comments (47)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH