SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alison_col

Score!!

alison
17 years ago

I have a big garden project in the offing; putting in a garden on a sunny, sandy slope at work that is going to need a lot of irrigation. My plan is to splice soaker hoses together eith regular hose, and lay it out thru the garden, to make watering less of a chore. I priced soaker hose at the Box Store and it's $12 for a 50' length. I sighed, put it back, and figured I'd get by with using the sprinkler for a while.

Later in the day I was driving around Driving Park, checking out interesting houses. Of course, I was also driving down the alleyways to look at the backs of houses and -- well -- because I like to drive down alleyways. Did a double take when I passed one of those Paul-Bunyan-coffee-mug dumpsters filled with what appeared to be soaker hoses. It was soaker hoses. I stopped and filled my trunk with as much as I could and sped home. When I emptied the trunk I had about 100 feet in 10 pieces ranging from 2' to about 30', all with at least one threaded end, most with caps.

I was so gleeful I went back this morning and took the rest of the hoses. I haven't unrolled them yet, but I'm betting it's a good 150 feet or more, in 5-6 large pieces.

I AM THE QUEEN OF SOAKER HOSES!! I AM THE QUEEN OF SOAKER HOSES!!

Oh, and I picked up a length of decorative wrought iron fence that will be perfect for training vines on the fence.

I knew y'all would appreciate this.

Comments (6)

Sponsored