SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thatcrazyplantlady

for sasbe: seeds for hummers and butterflies

thatcrazyplantlady
14 years ago

I have an abundance of seeds that were collected from my garden in 2009. Most of these seeds are either fragrant or attract hummingbirds and butterflies. I'd like to share with a few people who are interested in providing a habitat for the winged critters. I can handle 5 US residents at this time.

You'll get the following packs of seeds and maybe others not listed here.

Amaranthus Oeschberg - Upright Love Lies Bleeding

Amaranthus Celosia - Fuscia

Four Oclocks - Fuscia

Four Oclocks - Yellow

Hibiscus Coccineus - Texas Star Hibiscus

Hollyhocks - my choice of variety

Vitex - Pink Chaste Tree

Maybe others when I see what's left.

The seeds are already packaged in 2 x 3 ziplock baggies and labeled.

To participate, please respect my time and follow these guidelines EXACTLY. I offer SASEs frequently and this is what is convenient for me. Any SASEs that do not follow these guidelines to a T will not be honored:

1. Post here if you want these seeds for SASE.

2. When I approve you, get a small bubble mailer, about 3 x 5 or 4 x 6 or something similar. No envelopes with bubble wrap stuck in them. No mailers that are padded with paper or cardboard as these cost more in postage to send. You can cut a large bubble mailer in half if need be and send me one half. You can also recycle a bubble mailer that you've received; you do not have to have a brand new bubble mailer. Address your mailer to me. I'll email you my addy.

3. Inside the bubble mailer, include the following items:

a. Adhesive Address label with your name and address. MUST be adhesive; I won't tape anything on. Make sure your label will cover my address on the outside of the mailer. Please don't stick your address label under my address with instructions for me to peel my address off to reveal yours. Almost always when I do this, I rip your address off too and then I have to make a new label. Just put your label inside the bubble mailer.

b. A note letting me know your member name and that you're responding to my SASE offer.

c. At least 10 small ziplock baggies, at least 2 in. x 3 inch to replace the ones I've already packed your seeds in. Do NOT send ziplocks any smaller than this; due to arthritis, I cannot get them opened. (Please, no sandwich bags (too big and bulky) and no homemade seed envelopes (tiny seeds fall out of these.)

d. 5 first class postage stamps (I'm not sure how much exact postage will be, but I won't refund the difference as it will only be a few cents. I'm NOT selling these seeds. Where else could you get several generous packs of seeds for about $2 for shipping?) Do NOT send a metered postage label instead of stamps.

4. Mail the bubble mailer to me so that I have it before April 10, 2009. Any mailers received after this date will not be honored.

5. Be patient. Don't email me daily asking if I've mailed your seeds yet. I will mail all seeds by April 17, after I've received all bubble mailers. I'll try to remember to post here when I've mailed. Allow another week or two for them to arrive.

When I receive your bubble mailer, I'll recycle it, putting your address label over my address on the mailer. I'll fill your mailer with your seeds and send it back to you so you can reuse it.

Because I have an abundance of some of these seeds, I'll try to give you enough that you can grow some and trade some. Each of these were gathered from my own gardens and meticulously labeled. So they ARE what I say they are, no surprises. So you can trade them with confidence.

OK, this offer is now OPEN. Single file line starts here ------>

Comments (20)

Sponsored