SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bencjedi

Unadvertised Meijer sale on Strwbry\Grape\Bluebry\Raspbr -3/25/08

bencjedi
16 years ago

I price-scanned various plants at Meijer today and noticed they are ringing up cheaper than they are labeled. The plants labeled $4.99 ring up at $3.49 while the $3.99 plants come up as $2.79. These plants are not in the garden section, but curiously in the back of the store next to the pet food.

Here's what I noticed specifically:

Strawberry 10-pack plants - $2.79

- Ozark Beauty

- Honeoye

- Quinault

Raspberry 2-pack plants - $3.49

- Heritage

- Black raspberry

Grapes single plant pack - $3.49

- White Niagara

- Concord

Blueberry single plant pack - $3.49

- Bluejay

Considering I almost spent $22 on eBay for 3 heritage raspberry plants, the Meijer deal is a steal for 2 plants (and no shipping). Plants were very dry though, so I don't know if all the heritage raspberry plants I bought today will make it. The strawberries on the other hand were awesome. I bought all 3 types. Not sure where I am going to put them all. Interestingly the store receipt rings these plants up as 'bulbs' and notes with an asterisk that they are reduced in price. Thought I would share my surprise find!

Comments (3)

• Drakens
    16 years ago

Is it a sale or a store mistake? I was thinking about buying some of those strawberries the last time I went grocery shopping, but I think it's still too early. I hope they still have them when it warms up.

• bencjedi
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I don't know if they were pricing mistakes, but the fact the receipt rang them up as 'bulbs' seems to indicate it is.

You should buy them now if they ring up the same for you. I figure if the plants can last 2-3 weeks more on a shelf at Meijer, they can exist 2-3 weeks more on a shelf at your house til you are ready to plant them. :)
    I've got burned on deals by waiting (as you thinking about) and other savy shoppers bought everything before I was 'ready', so I missed out on the deal. Go get some berry plants now! :)

• bencjedi
    Original Author
    16 years ago

These sold fast at my store. Lots of lurkers on this forum suddenly went to Meijer I guess. :)

Sponsored