SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenfaerie

Visiting fellow frugal gardeners

gardenfaerie
17 years ago

Hello, all. I haven't posted in a while, but it's gratifying to see my post from almost 3 years ago (on fav. frugal tips) is still generating responses. :)

I love to travel, especially to see gardens, but don't really have the budget for hotels. Even low-budget ones can add up, especially if traveling alone.

Then it dawned on me that several organizations exist for home exchanges, though usually for high-end travelers in tourist-destination cities. I thought, gosh, how nice would it be for passionate, frugal gardeners to be able to travel by staying in another frugal gardener's house? I know for me that would sometimes make the difference between going and staying home. The exchange wouldn't have to take place at the same time; in fact, I think it would be cool if the local gardener could help point out cool places of interest in his/her area to the guest.

If anyone is interested, I can offer a bedroom in Ann Arbor, MI. My house is modest, but clean, bordering on a park and with a nice garden (of course!). ;-)

If enough folks are interested, I could start some kind of a list!

Personally, I'd love to find someone in Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio. I'll be in Cleveland May 24-25 attending a garden writers conference. In Columbus, I'd love to see the "Ohio's Garden Path" exhibit (gardening from 1790 to the present) at the Ohio Historical Center, as well as do some research on old seed catalogs at the library there.

Monica

Here is a link that might be useful: Ohio's Garden Path exhibit

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES