SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gennym_gw

New Muscovy Duck staying at our house

GennyM
17 years ago

I just thought I'd tell you all about the new duck that I found at our house today.

Remember when I wrote about Pocahontas, my muscovy girl that got hit by a car? Well, remember when I told about how there was another muscovy girl who would fly back and forth with Pocahontas sometimes when Pocahontas came to visit us??

Anyway, since Pocahontas died the other muscovy girl flew over here a few weeks ago looking for P. She found out she wasn't here and she looked so depressed (I think they spent a lot of time together at the pond)

anyway....today I went to feed my other ducks... The ducks have a dollhouse to get in at night instead of a shed...it has lots of warm hay inside...it's really nice for them...but lately I haven't looked inside in the very back... anyway... We have a duck, Troy, that can't get around as well as the other girls, so I always bring her food to her and water--I was bent down feeding Troy today and she was outside of the dollhouse, but right near it. I heard peeping sounds and I first thought 'oh no! the cats have caught a baby bird/rabbit again!' so I looked inside the dollhouse and there was the duck that use to fly home with P. She has laid 13 eggs!! I'm guessing these are fertile since she lives over at the pond next door with all these other ducks--males & females :)

I just thought it was neat--I mean this duck is practically wild! She only came over here a few times when P came to visit--we never have pet the duck or anything--I mean we would feed her when she came with P, but we didn't raise her or anything... she just must feel safe in our yard and thought it would be a nice place to raise a little family ;)

After our 2 female muscovies Jake & Topaz died last year we said we were not getting anymore ducks, but if her eggs to hatch then I'll be glad to help her take care of them!!

Talk to you all later

Genny

Comments (7)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus