SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patrizia007

Are Your Grain Feed Prices Going Up, Up and Up?

Patriz
17 years ago

Hi All,

I'm wondering if grain prices throughout the country are all going up and is it just the East Coast or Mid-Atlantic area or, heck, just localized. Grain feed went up about $1.00/50 pound bag back in November, and the prices are going up another +$2.00/50 pound bag in about a month. Yikes! I guess it's tied in with transportation costs and fuel costs soaring. How have prices changed for you in the last couple of months? Rabbit feed, for example, went from $8.95/50 lb. bag in Oct.06 to $13.95 for the same bag a few days ago! I know hay prices are up to start with and I can just imagine what the summer will bring. I'm going to stock up on orchard grass/timothy bales next month at $6.00 bale. No wonder the US is buying wheat gluten from China because it's cheaper than the US produced wheat gluten. I really hope our country's agricultural backbone doesn't break from prices soaring and farmers not being able to make a decent living. What happened to investing in America and in keeping American agriculture foremost in our economy? Ok, I'm done ramblin! Have a good spring everyone :)

Comments (8)