SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
koreyk_gw

How to catch GROUNDHOGS Woodchucks

koreyk
16 years ago

This is going to be a serious discussion on catching groundhogs or woodchucks. they are the same. different name for same animal.

These guys are super destructive in the garden. We need to catch them.

OK I have 2 traps. One is a Havahart and the other is live trap by Safeguard. From what I can understand the Safeguard is a better trap than the Havahart.

The problem is finding a bait to get him to go into the trap.

I have at least 2 groundhogs in my garden probably more. I saw a big one and a little one. Looks like there has to be another big one that helped beget the little one. And they usually have more than one baby so I am in trouble.

So far NO LUCK catching them.

I have a neighbor about a mile away has a family in the garden. NO LUCK there for 3 weeks of trying to catch one. I saw the big boy waddling in the garden over there also. He is brazen. what a garden. he lives in heaven. The damage is extensive.

I have tried heads of lettuce. I have tried broccoli and apples still no luck. maybe my timing was off a bit.

WHAT IS THE IRRESISTABLE BAIT they can not avoid.

By the way. I had them last year and no luck last year. Lots of damage last year.

Here is the trap that I have.

http://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NWS001&Product_Code=NWS54130

Here is a link that might be useful: My Groundhog trap

Comments (150)