SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runningtrails_gw

My chickens dissappeared!

runningtrails
15 years ago

I took advanatage of a warm sunny springlike day to clean out the chicken house. I opened the doors and shooed them all out to free range. I let them free range from time to time. They like it a lot under the bus beside the chicken house and this is usually where they go.

I went about my business cleaning out the chicken house and piling it on the other side of my chicken manure pile - have to keep the old and new manure separated. Here's the pile:

{{gwi:37642}}

When it was all clean, I went to check on the chickens and could not find them. I looked all around the chicken house - no chickens. Not one. I widened my search and found this:

Dusting Chickens!

{{gwi:37643}}

{{gwi:37644}}

{{gwi:37645}}

Shortly afterwards something fell in the garage and they took off in one motion, flying up the inside of the garage accompanied by very loud complaining. They flew up on the shelves and hid behind tools. It took me quite awile to find them all. They hunkered down and were really still and quiet and didn't want to come out. I don't know what happened. Maybe the groundhog who lives under the garage and has a hole in there, came out. Anyway, it was impressive!

They were quite dirty.

Comments (13)