SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
icantdrive_gw

Trouble with Cucumbers & Tomatoes

icantdrive
10 years ago

I am new to gardening so apologies in advance if I ask any silly questions. I have two large self watering containers that I am trying to grow vegetables in. One has tomatoes and the other has cucumbers and peppers. I am using organic soil and fertilizer in both. And they are getting a lot of light. I planted about 3 weeks ago and my plants have been growing great. Last weekend though I noticed that it looked like something had been snacking on the leaves of the tomatoes and cucumbers (the peppers were untouched). There were lots of holes on a few leaves on each plant. I tried spraying a mix of oil, soap and water on the plants. I tested it on a leaf and of each plant and waited 24 hrs to make sure there was no reaction and there was not. So I thoroughly sprayed each plant on Monday night. Checked on them Tuesday and Wednesday and things seemed the same. Couldn't tell if they had gotten any more bit up but the plants seem to be fine. Tonight I checked on them and both have leaves that are starting to look unhealthy and dried up on the ends. I am not sure if this is from whatever was causing the holes or if the spray I used caused damage. The peppers are still healthy and untouched! Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (7)