SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardengalrn

Anyone else ready for spring?? ;)

gardengalrn
14 years ago

Either due to the incredibly bad winter or despite it, I am more than ready to get things up and rolling here. If the snow would just melt, things would look a lot better ;)

I have already ordered 20 more layers (various breeds) and 20 meat birds. I didn't go with the CCs so we'll see how it all works. They will be delivered the last of Mar, first of April. DH is going to revise the coop and make me a few new runs so we can alternate and the girls will (hopefully) always have grass to eat if we can't actually range them each day.

I've ordered all my gardening supplies to include raspberries, grapes, a few more strawberries for my existing bed. Seeds, ornamentals, seed-starting supplies, sweet potatoes. I've measured out my garden spot and started planning for that. It is kind of a sweet torture, LOL!

We will definitely be getting a few more pigs this year and I'm toying with the idea of either moving their hog panel fence around or semi-pasturing them in an area where the bind weed has taken over. It is the same place I tried my first garden here and it was useless, a lot of work for nothing. A vet guy I spoke with said that the pigs may not get rid of it entirely but would definitely beat it back some. Like I said, I have to study this a bit but it is an idea floating around. DH also wants a beef critter so we may have a lot going on once the weather warms.

Still toying with the idea of getting some fruit trees and some other fowl but for now that is where I'm at. Anyone else have Spring Fever? Lori

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH